The Alzheimer’s Support Network has been closely monitoring the news around COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and safety of our members, vendors and clients is of the utmost importance.
All ASN programs and events are continuing as scheduled at this time. The Board of directors will remain in close contact with our community partners and keep our membership updated as needed.
Precautions are in place for all on going programs and are being developed for our upcoming Gala Fundraising event.
In an attempt to limit the spread of the virus, these are the recommended actions:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after visiting the restroom
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Keep disinfectant with you as a precaution
Public Health Resources & Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Massachusetts updates and resources
- Guidance for workplace readiness issued on March 3, 2020 by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Public Advice on COVID-19 outbreak by the WHO
- Additional COVID-19 Guidance for Caregivers of People Living with Dementia in Community Settings
We will continue to provide updates and keep you informed. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.